Delivering the output and capacity of a corded AC tool, the cordless 36 volt DHR400 SDS-max rotary hammer uses two 18 volt battery packs to fuel its 36 volt brushless DC motor, providing you with outstanding power and portability. Makita's AWS technology enables wireless communication between tool and vacuum (sold separately) for automatic starting. In addition, Advanced Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) absorbs vibration to limit operator fatigue over the course of a long work day.
Includes DHR400ZK 36V SDS-Max Rotary Hammer, straight side handle, D-style side handle, cleaning cloth, bit grease and plastic carry case. Requires two 18 volt LXT battery packs (sold separately).
- AWS (Auto-Start Wireless System) uses Bluetooth technology to communicate between tool and vacuum (sold separately) and enable wireless control when used with Makita AWS cordless tools
- Advanced Anti-Vibration Technology (AVTTM) system incorporates vibration-absorbing housing, active dynamic vibration absorber and damper spring to actively counteract the vibration of the tool for greatly reduced transmission to the operator
- eXtreme Protection Technology (XPT) offers maximum protection against dust, debris and liquids for optimal performance in extreme conditions
- Brushless DC motor with high power-to-weight ratio
- Brushless DC motor generates less heat buildup and is ideal for prolonged use in manufacturing / production applications
- Two operating modes: Rotation and Rotation + Hammer
- Trigger-lock button prevents accidental start-up for increased safety
- Torque limiter stops bit rotation if bit jams for increased operator safety and tool protection
- Soft-start feature gradually increases speed to eliminate start-up shock
- No load motor suppression limits vibration and bit deflection when idling
- Variable speed dial allows operator to adjust speed based on materials or application
- Constant speed control maintains constant speed under heavy load
- One-touch SDS-MAX sliding chuck for easy bit installation and removal
- Dual LED job light with pre-glow and after-glow features illuminates work area
- Ergonomic soft rubber grip design for vibration absorption and comfortable operation
- Includes straight (drilling) and D-style (demolition) handles
- Tool only batteries and charger sold separately
- Product type: Cordless SDS-max rotary hammer
- Manufacturer: Makita
- Model number: DHR400ZK
- Battery system: 18 volt li ion
- Battery voltage: 36 volts (requires two 18V battery packs)
- Chuck: SDS-max
- Capacity in concrete (TCT): 1-9/16"
- Capacity in concrete (core bit): 4-1/8"
- Impact energy: 8.4 ft-lbs
- No load speed: 250 to 500 rpm
- Blows per minute: 1,450 to 2,900 bpm
- Vibration level: 5.0 m/s
- Noise level: 91 dBA
- Length: 18-5/8"
- Weight: 15 lbs
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.